Solicitations for Goods and Services
DYRS solicitations for goods and services are regularly updated and posted online through the District of Columbia Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP), which administers all vendor registrations, proposals and awards for DC government agencies. Please visit the OCP Vendor Support Center to learn more.
DC YouthLink Requests for Proposals
The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Request for Application (RFA) for a Capacity Building and Administrative Partner for the Delivery of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services Community Programming Initiative FY2017 are now available. Supplemental documents mentioned in the RFA may be found below. Please see below for RFA attachment documents.
**UPDATE: Due to the overwhelming response for attendance at the Pre-Application Technical Assistance Workshops and in the interest of ensuring an open and unrestricted grant competition for the DYRS FY 17 Service Coalition RFA, the Director of DYRS has authorized an additional Mandatory Pre-Application Technical Assistance Workshop for prospective grant applicants at 10:00 A.M. on Thursday, May 26, 2016. Therefore, we are amending the Service Coalition RFA to reflect this additional session and the requirements surrounding attendance and RSVP. Please read the amendment document (linked here and also listed below) carefully and adhere to all RSVP and attendance requirements in order to reserve a spot at this additional RFA workshop.
**UPDATE (5/31): DYRS received many questions and requests for clarification about content within the RFA’s and other details about the Community Programming Initiative at the various technical assistance sessions and through email correspondence. The Agency created a Question and Answer Bank in response to questions received for both RFA’s. The Question and Answer Bank is published for all applicants to review.
- Administrative and Capacity-building Partner RFA Question and Answer Bank
Training or Employing DYRS Youth
DYRS is seeking employers with entry-level positions who are willing to train or employ young people, ages 16-21.
We pre-screen the youth. Our youth have job readiness skills and some have specific industry training.
When you partner with us, your firm benefits in the following ways:
- You could qualify for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your business. For each qualifying new hire, your firm could claim a tax credit on its federal taxes.
- You get access to candidates who are trained and nationally certified (in many cases).
- You get access to candidates with industry-related training, e.g. Copper Cabling, Culinary, A+ Certification, Home Health Aide, and more
- You get access to candidates who have completed a formal Job Readiness orientation (conflict resolution, business etiquette, and money management)
Our workforce development professionals make this easy for you:
- You have a single point of contact. We assign a Workforce Development Specialist to support you, the hiring manager, and the youth.
- We identify and refer youth for placement based upon your specific needs (and after we have conducted competency assessments of the youth’s skills and interests)
- We provide each youth with on-going career coaching and mentoring
- We invite you to network quarterly with other members of the business community who train and hire our youth.
For more information, please contact Phyllis Powell, 202-251-5847, email@example.com
We Value the Business Community who Train and Hire DYRS Youth
The following certification and internships sites have our gratitude.