DYRS is seeking employers with entry-level positions who are willing to train or employ young people, ages 16-21.
We pre-screen the youth. Our youth have job readiness skills and some have specific industry training.
When you partner with us, your firm benefits in the following ways:
- You could qualify for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your business. For each qualifying new hire, your firm could claim a tax credit on its federal taxes.
- You get access to candidates who are trained and nationally certified (in many cases).
- You get access to candidates with industry-related training, e.g. Copper Cabling, Culinary, A+ Certification, Home Health Aide, and more
- You get access to candidates who have completed a formal Job Readiness orientation (conflict resolution, business etiquette, and money management)
Our workforce development professionals make this easy for you:
- You have a single point of contact. We assign a Workforce Development Specialist to support you, the hiring manager, and the youth.
- We identify and refer youth for placement based upon your specific needs (and after we have conducted competency assessments of the youth’s skills and interests)
- We provide each youth with on-going career coaching and mentoring
- We invite you to network quarterly with other members of the business community who train and hire our youth.
For more information, please contact Phyllis Powell, (202) 251-5847, [email protected]