Notice of Funding Availability- Credible Messenger Initiative
This Request for Applications (RFA) announces the agency’s intention to invest in community-based organizations to provide the most rigorous, effective, and appropriate support and services for our youth. The Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) seeks eligible entities to provide transformative mentoring and family engagement services to DYRS youth and their families. DYRS encourages applicants with unique proposal ideas for rehabilitation as we seek to innovate the breadth and extent of services provided to our youth and their families. DYRS anticipates selecting multiple entities to participate for a period of one year – starting October 1, 2022 – with the flexibility to renew awards for up to three years – pending awardee performance and availability of funding. Entities seeking funding will receive awards of approximately $100,000 to $500,000. Proposed budgets should be reasonable and reflect, to the best of their ability, accurate expenses to be incurred during the award period.
Beginning 5/27/2022, the full text of the Request for Applications (RFA) will be available on the DYRS website. A person may obtain a copy of this RFA by any of the following means:
- Download from the DYRS website, www.dyrs.dc.gov. Select the Doing Business with DYRS tab and click on the Current Funding Opportunities | dyrs (dc.gov) link.
- Email a request to [email protected] with “Request copy of Credible Messenger Initiative RFA” in the subject line.
- Write DYRS at 450 H Street, NW 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20001, “Attn: DYRS Grants – Credible Messenger Initiative RFA” on the outside of the envelope.
The deadline for application submissions is 7/11/2022, at 4:30 p.m. All applications must be submitted through the ZoomGrants system.
Eligibility: All the checked institutions below may apply for these grants.
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations
- Faith-based organizations
- Government agencies
- Universities/educational institutions
- Private Enterprises
PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE MEETING
Applicants interested in attending the pre-application conference must RSVP by COB Monday, June 6th via email to [email protected]. Please include the name of your organization, the representative attending the meeting, and the address of your organization in the body of the email.
For additional information regarding this RFA, write to: [email protected]