The Achievement Center (AC) is the Positive Youth Justice hub of DYRS’s community-based initiatives where DYRS youth are provided sufficient access to supports, resources, and pro-social opportunities.
The Achievement Center contains all the key ingredients necessary to help youth develop their strengths, develop confidence in their ability to succeed, develop a sense of belonging, and to value and serve the larger community. There are a diversity of wraparound supports and service providers available to DYRS youth at the AC. The following available services and supports purposefully emphasize the key areas of work, education, relationships, community, health, and creativity:
- Academic Supports
- Work Readiness and Job Placement
- Vocational Skills Training
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Individual & Family Counseling Supports
- Basic Need Resources (food & clothing)
- Housing Stability Supports
- Health, Wellness & Fitness Coaching
- Life Skills Training
- Restorative Justice
- Structured Outings, Activities & Events
- Community Service
- Social Skills Development
- Substance Abuse Counseling and Education
- Family Support & Engagement Groups
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Apprenticeships & Internships
- Youth Council
- Care Planning Case Managers
- Youth Peer Advocates
- Youth Engagement Specialist
An essential component that DYRS preserves in the Achievement Centers is valuing youth voices, i.e., empowering them to actively participate in the decision-making and planning for many of their services. As a result, the AC’s are cultivating, safe spaces for equipping youth to contribute to the strength and safety of their communities.
The Achievement Centers
450 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
2101 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
Washington, DC 20020
Click here to access the forms related to the Achievement Centers' Programs.
To see the current list of programs open to the community, please see the PDF attached to this page.